Wednesday, August 10, 2011

yumm!

Ok I'll admit it...I am a picky eater!  Nothing on my plate can touch, if I'm eating steak my corn on the cob has to be on a seperate plate...I don't like veggies...and if I could I would just eat chocolate all day...YUMM!  But...last night I decided to try something my family was eating that for 26 years I've looked at and gone that looks NARSTY....they all tear into like it's going out of season...so I tried with a wince and a cringe...Fried Zucchini...and AHHHHH....it was DELICIOSO/ AWESOME/and YUMMY all put together.  What have I been missing out on the past 26 years of my life!!???  It was like the best tasting thing since sliced bread..and I was fighting the rest of my family for pieces...now I am on ww..so that was a BAD IDEA...so I guess I should go work out a little longer today..but..I looked up some healthy recipes for it on ww in case anyone wanted to try what I'm going to try!  Also..this wknd is our county fair, and I know my mom loves to get their fried veggies so I'm just gonna sneak one and make sure I park VERY FAR away so that I walk off all that fat...but here's the recipe's...

Oven-Fried Zucchini Sticks
Cooking spray
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons cornmeal
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1-1/2 pounds zucchini (about 3 medium), cut into 1/2 by 3 inch sticks
2 egg whites, lightly beaten

Preheat oven to 475 degrees F.
Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
Combine flours, cornmeal, salt, and pepper in a large sealable plastic bag.
Dip zucchini in egg white, shake in the bag to coat, and arrange, not touching, on the baking sheet. Coat all exposed sides with cooking spray.
Bake on center rack for 7 minutes.
Turn the zucchini and coat any floury spots with cooking spray. Continue to bake until golden and just tender, about 5 minutes.
Serve hot.

Yield: 4 servings
Per serving: 108 calories
1 gram fat
22 grams carbohydrate
6 grams protein
4 grams fiber
427 mg sodium

Zucchini Fries


No comments:

Post a Comment