Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Jumping on the bandwagon

Ok so I'm new to the whole blogging things..as you can see because I still haven't figured it out...but I figure if one person comes across my stuff and enjoys reading it well then that's awesome...if no one does I can always go back to it and remember the things I've done...but anyways...back to being new at blogging...I have come across the tshirt scarf recently and well...it seems people have been doing it for quite sometime..so here I am jumping on the bandwagon..because I just had to go and make myself one!  If you don't know what a tshirt scarf is or how to make one I'll show you in this!!  Hope everyone's having a great day! xoxo

1st.  Get out an old junky (BIG) t-shirt that you no longer want or wear...if you don't have one either ask someone for one or run to your local thrift store...I went through my drawers couldn't find one I was willing to give up and splurged a whopping 60 cents for mine..I forgot to take a before picture of it ..but this is what it looks like..

 2. you want to cut the shirt directly under the armpits across....every blog I read said you need to use certain types of scissors..well no you don't...I used regular old scissors...and they're not all gonna be perfect..so oh well
 After you've got under the armpits you are going to take the shirt and cut about 1 1/2 inches apart strips from side to side...try to make sure you have a shirt that has no seams on the sides..otherwise you'll see them...
 When you're all done cutting them you want to stretch and pull so they look like the picture above...just stretch them out....and try to do them all around the same size....
 Not the most flattering picture I know...but this is how they will all look when you are done..I saw a few people wearing them just like that...not my thing...but if it's yours go head....
 I wrapped mine twice and then pulled to shorten one part and let the other hang a little longer...but I wasn't in love with it quite yet...
Until...I found this upstairs in my jewelry stash...I believe the feather doodad is for your hair..but I threw it on..and it is just held on by an alligator clip so I can take it off and put it on other ones as well...I wore it to work today and everyone loved it...so I think I am going to try two other scarf ideas I saw sometime soon and I'll let you know how those work out!  xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment