Friday, August 12, 2011

VINTAGE...

So yesterday on our lunch break a co-worker and I decided to go to the thrift store across from work (walking distance) who wouldn't!  Well anyways I had never been in this particular thrift store because it looked small and I heard it was really over priced...but for a good cause their profits go to the women's homeless shelter.  Anyways...we walk in and at first its all clothes and when you get to the bath...woowoo I found my first ever thrift store who carries FABRIC!  I have read so many blogs about people finding fabric in re-sale shops/thrift stores/etc. and I have always been jealous..and then wam bam I found one too!  They didn't have a huge selection but decent enough to where I bought two huge pieces of fabric for ..are you ready for it...2 DOLLARS a piece!  I was so excited...


We continued to walk through the store and there was another room hidden that I didn't realize was part of it..low and behold that's where they kept all the furniture!  So I looked around with no intentions on buying anything because David would kill me if I brought anything else home and my parents would kill me for having to store in it our house until I could bring it to Davids..  But along the way I found a bathroom set that was the exact colors that I want to do the kitchen in...so I didn't buy it but I sure did take a picture so I could remember how great those colors looked together...and then out of no where...BAM my dream couch just sitting there waiting for me to buy it!  Vintage, in good shape, and only $75 bucks...I didn't buy it because I realized I needed to talk to David about just buying a couch but I had no intentions on putting it in the family room just my small craft room...but when I sent him the picture his exact words were "eww God no" and my heart was broken...after pouting for a little while I decided to get on one of my favorite blogs BETTERAFTER and sure enough someone had re-done a chair that looked like the exact same fabric..and my pouty self cheered up and decided I will wait until I officially move in there and then I will take on a big task of re-doing a chair to look just like the couch...sad day still for not getting the couch..but I may as well learn to reupholster sooner or later...I'll attach the pictures and if anyone wants to know where this thrift store is just ask and I'll share xoxo



The colors I want for both the kitchen and family room!

The beautiful vintage couch... :(


No comments:

Post a Comment