Thursday, July 28, 2011

from drab..to fab..night stand!

So when I originally thought we were going to be re-doing all of our bedroom furniture and not getting new stuff I decided to pick up a cheap night stand and re-do it.  It was my first piece that I ever sanded, stained, and did EVER.  I love how it turned out and I had big help from my mom....after sanding and sanding and staining and working on some other craft projects I sprained my wrist...so staining was out of the picture for me for a while..so my mom finished the piece for me and I love how it turned out...only one problem...I didn't measure how long the handle needed to be before hand..and when I went to get one after it was done it was impossible to find one that fit it...so instead of buying one online that I don't love..I'm still shopping around for knobs that catch my eye.  4 knobs? ? oh well It'll do for the spare room...for now at least...I'm very proud of my first piece that was only $6.00 and I think it came out awesome...tell me what you think!!??


The before...and see it came with no knobs or anything..

the top all scratched and banged up

sanded down..I almost liked it this color..



mid process


The final project...- the knobs...


and this is where it is now, and how it is decorated now in the spare bedroom...It has knobs on it now that I don't love but they will do...for now at least!

No comments:

Post a Comment