Monday, June 6, 2011

Whoops...

So David and I last weekend decided to try to tackle some other things my Mom gave me to re-do and make BEAUTIFUL again...and this time instead of forgetting to take the after picture I forgot to take the before picture...I'll explain it a little bit.  We moved into the house I live in now when I was 2 and the lamp that was re-done moved into this house with us...so this lamp is probably around 26 years old and it still works great...the only problem was it was UGLY...and when I say ugly I mean beige and brown splatter all over it making it look like it was tie died...anyways....David decided he wanted to be in charge of the lamp...so here it is after being primed... 

I kind of liked it with just the primer on there...but we knew that wasn't going to work...so he spray painted it white...
he did a great job on it...the only problem is that it started to spider web a little bit, but that's a hopefully easy task to fix that we haven't tackled yet...next step is to re-do the lamp shade I just bought to go with it and bam a brand new beautiful (FREE) lamp! 

No comments:

Post a Comment