Wednesday, June 8, 2011

From drab...to FAB!

I'm leaving for Florida on Saturday and I decided I wanted a cute little summer clutch.  I didn't want to spend lots of money for a new one so instead my sister and I decided to try our luck with some old ones and see what we could do..We figured these have been sitting in the bottom of our bins for forever and if we ruin them no biggie...anyways we LOVE how they turned out and they both deff. fit our personalities.  Anyways here is what you need to make them: An old clutch/wristlet, cute fabric, mod podge, a paint brush and scissors.

So this is how they started...they aren't too shabby but so BORING!


            AND AGAIN..just closer up
I took the top pieces off and threw away the fabric but kept the buckle for a future project!

This is how the back looked...another wallet of mine got stuck to it and rubbed off...can you tell it was fake snake skin?


I didn't take during pictures of the mod podge and fabric  but this is after the fabrics been cut to size...you put the mod podge on the actual purse first and then lay down the fabric...we waited a little while for it to try and then went back over top with the mod podge...it does make the fabric look cloudy and we both got a little nervous that we just ruined everything, but we let it dry over night and when we woke up it was back to normal!

Here are some of the things we used to make our beautiful purses!
  After they were dried and finished we decided they needed a little something extra...so we made rosettes out of extra scraps...I'll show later how to make them!     


The finished project!  My sister's is on top and mines on the bottom..


A little closer of a view!  Now we both have cute little clutches for our vacation and it only cost us around 10 dollars total..
What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. This is so cute! Thanks for stopping by my blog :) Looking forward to your upcoming projects!

    ReplyDelete