Thursday, June 9, 2011

Pillow Perfect???

So I read something recently on someone's blog and unfortunately I can't remember whose it was...but they took a double sided placemat and turned it into a beautiful pillow...after doing a little bit of research I decided to try one for myself....


Here's a picture of the placemat...you can see that it's double sided with two different pieces of fabric..because if you couldn't pull it apart then of course you would have nothing hold in the stuffing....

this is what I bought to stuff it..I believe it cost $2.99 At Joanne

I also bought this because I had never used one in my life!

so the next step is to open the seam..and STUFF!


once it's stuffed you have the option of sewing it closed..or if you don't have a sewing machine like I do...then......

...double sided fabric tape is to the rescue!!!


YOU CAN'T EVEN TELL...and I threw it around laid on it and it never opened..so its the perfect solution for now...I love how it turned out and went back to Target the following day to buy another one because I have the perfect spot for them...I also bought a few others to try out so we shall see how those turned out...what do you think? Easy enough and my total bill with all the materials and two place-mats (I mean pillows) probably ran me 8 or 9 bucks!  Not bad huh??? Nothing like getting a BANG for your buck!

No comments:

Post a Comment