Friday, June 10, 2011

snake skin look alike?

So I needed a center piece idea...and I came across a great blog on thumb tack balls...Little Katie on the Prairie: Thumb Tack Balls I loved how Katie did them so I figured why not try to make some myself...It was time consuming and boring, but I love how it turned out...just a few more to make!!

all you need ...a Styrofoam ball and a bunch of thumb tacks...now for my first time doing this I made the mistake of buying a softball sized ball...hence why it took so long...and I bought 2 boxes of the 300 thumb tacks and I used 585 of them...

the start of the beauty..

as you can tell it was quite boring so I not only had my phone out, but the computer was on as well..

about an hour later...tah dah!!!  It's not completely finished; although I love the silver I'm going to be spray painting it to match our decor..I'll add pictures of it spray painted soon!!  What do you think???  Won't it look cute with a few others in a bowl all different sizes and colors?

No comments:

Post a Comment